Can I be completely honest for a second? There is nothing that frustrates me more than when I overhear a couple tell someone they want their wedding to look like _________. (Insert link to someone else’s wedding here.)
Your wedding should be completely you! It shouldn’t look like anyone else’s, and while you might pull ideas from certain blogs, pictures, and magazines, it should still reflect your personal tastes as a couple.
So, how do you go about that? It’s important to ask yourself a few questions before you start on your wedding design.
15 Questions to Ask Yourself
- How do you want the event to feel?
- Do you have a specific time of year you want to get married?
- What’s a hobby you two enjoy doing together?
- Describe your favorite date with one another:
- What was your first date like?
- Where do you like to shop for clothes and home furnishings?
- What do you like to wear on a night out?
- Where is your favorite spot to vacation?
- What words do you want your guests to describe your wedding as?
- What is your favorite restaurant and why?
- I feel most like myself when __________.
- My love language is __________________.
- It’s important that my guests feel ___________ at our wedding.
- My version of the perfect day is ______________.
- What I love most about my future spouse is _______________.
It’s important to take into consideration these questions before you get the process started. Even before the venue search! The venue is the the basis for the ambiance of the event, and will assist in achieving the overall feel of the event.
Answering these questions together can spark quite a few ideas that speak to who you are as a couple, and will ensure that the wedding truly reflects your personal tastes. What do you think? What questions did you think about before you started your wedding design?
PS Like what you read? Sign up for our Newsletter to receive your weekly dose of inspiration! <3